Do you smell that? It’s the smell of spring! With warmer weather comes the smell of fresh-cut grass and sizzling steak on the grill; the colorful blooming flowers and tree buds; and the sounds of children playing outdoors. Warmer weather brings everyone out of winter hibernation to enjoy the wonderful spring and summer seasons.
As you enjoy the outdoors, it’s important to ensure you keep a close eye on what’s going on indoors. With more people spending time outside – both at day and night – there’s a higher chance of break-ins and house thefts occurring. Burglars don’t wait for you to leave the house before they break in. They take every chance they can get when you’re not looking!
To ensure your home and family or your commercial property remains safe from intruders and theft, we have put together a few simple steps to help keep you secure.
- Keep your home locked, even if you’re relaxing or sunbathing in the backyard or taking your kids for a walk around the block.
- Hide your spare key in a memorable yet unobvious spot. We’re sorry to say, but the days of hiding your spare key under the door mat are long over. It’s much too obvious and typically the first place anyone would look without hesitation.
- Keep your valuables locked in a safe or in a well-hidden area.
- Build a fence around your home for more privacy. A fence will give you peace of mind knowing your home is less susceptible to intrusion from outsiders, and can provide you with additional privacy and security when enjoying your yard.
- Install outdoor landscape lighting. Leaving your home pitch black at night is only asking for intruders to try and break in. Adding lighting can help make your house less of a target.
- Install surveillance cameras outside and inside your home for the utmost protection and safety.
While you’re enjoying the sunshine and beautiful weather, don’t leave your home susceptible to break-ins. By following one, a few or all six of these simple steps, you can have as much fun as you’d like outside, while also having peace of mind knowing your home is safe.
For more safety and security tips, keep checking back on our blog or give us a call today at 773-233-5742 to learn more about our full range of security, surveillance and investigation services.